Hi! We’re Jim and Christiana Herbert.
We are a husband and wife team. We work both together and individually. We travel internationally speaking, teaching, and coaching.
In 2014 we answered our calling and created Emerging Into Joy. The mission of Emerging Into Joy is to empower people to claim their stories and consciously create their lives to find their joy within. The word “emerging” was chosen with intention! It means “to come forth into view from concealment.” We believe that everyone is special, powerful, and has the potential to become the most joyful version of themselves. The joy is already there, inside all of us, waiting to be tapped into. Sometimes it takes some digging and adjustments but rest assured, there is no one too lost to find it. Our calling is to inspire and guide fellow Joyseekers on the path.
Jim is a longterm martial artist and yoga teacher. He has always loved teaching and writing; speaking as an extension of teaching is the most recent addition to the list. Lately, Jim has been busy winning Toastmasters competitions and running storytelling shows throughout Chicago. Jim’s passion is coaching men to become their optimal warrior selves.
Christiana is a lifelong Creative and works as a professional actress and model in Chicago. A passionate social justice advocate, she staged her first environmental protest at age 8 when her parents cut down a tree. That youthful enthusiasm has blossomed into a hands-on approach to creating change. She works with fellow survivors of trauma, guiding them to reclaim their story into one of empowerment.
We have a few core beliefs:
- We are all powerful, infinite beings in bodies made of stardust, having a temporary human experience.
- We are all equal, yet unique, and each of us is here for a reason. Everyone is special.
- Life is meant to be enjoyed and challenges exist for us to learn and grow.
- We get to choose how life unfolds with our emotions, beliefs, and actions.
- Asking the tough questions is our responsibility. Beliefs and perceptions should be tested. If a belief speaks to life’s beauty, empowers, and is fully inclusive, that’s a green light to explore further.
We send out a weekly newsletter on Mondays with our thoughts and upcoming events. Keep in touch!